Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sermon (summary) - Parable of the Ten Virgins

The Parable of the Ten Virgins. Matthew 25:1-13 The more you read the Bible, Jesus reveals that entering into heaven is difficult. The rate of entry is not high. Today five virgins were wise and five were foolish. That is fifty percent. We would like to think that all will enter into heaven but that is not so. Even with the countless sermons out there we fail to learn the truth about heaven and the message in the Bible. It is because we don't truly desire it. Faith is believing what you don't understand. Faith and knowledge are different. We use our knowledge to judge the word of God because it doesn't fit my perception. When we love someone do you love them for your desires or do you love them because it is truly the act of love. True love is doing the things that no one else wants to do for the one you love. It is to make sacrifices without benefit or gain. Love is not what you want for yourself but what you do for someone else. Without true love you cannot have true faith. Why do we pray? Is it for personal gain? Do you love for your satisfaction? That is not love. Five wise and five foolish virgins they each had the necessary foundations and were preparing to get married. Once married do foolish people and wise people live similar lives? There lives are completely different. A foolish persons life is like hell on earth. They all waited with burning lamps for their bridegrooms. Had their lights burned out early they would have bought more oil. It is a reflection of our lives. We think we have enough to keep going until that day, but Jesus desires that we are prepared for all time. Not just here and now but forever. Not by our standards, but the standards that will allow us to enter into heaven. So when we are called we may be ready. The foolish ones realized themselves that they were not ready. We too know that we are not ready. It will be useless to get ready when we are called. We must prepare now. We all feel as though we are prepared but when we hear the calling we recognize that we are not prepared. If you are wise then heed the voice and make ready for your calling. Do not be foolish. Prepare. Even the foolish ones knew that the bridegroom was coming. We as a church know that Jesus is coming. It is not the unbelievers that wait upon the Lord. We wait for Him. The believers wait for Him to come, so we must live a Life of readiness. It is my responsibility to be ready. No one can do it for me. Only I can get myself ready to go to a celebration. So in order to be ready what kind of life must I live? It is a life of diligence. I must be more diligent than anyone else. I mustn't follow but must lead. The parable of the talents is the same. It is about diligence and reward, and laziness and punishment. It is not about how much I have or have not. It is about what I do with the things I do have. We have all been given equally by God as students, children, business people, etc. I must see that I have given these talents and use them to the best of my abilities. If I compare myself to others and fail to see the value of what have then I will never succeed. It is possible you may not be an "A" student, but maybe you succeed in helping others. You are then still using all your talents to the best of your abilities. It is not about profit, grades, number of customers, but the amount of effort you put in. I must out my focus on serving the Lord and put all my strength in doing His will. Then the fruits of my labor will be shown. I must live a life here on earth as if I am living in heaven. Why would my life be hell if I am living as though in heaven. It is because I am not ready. What is marriage? It is a work in progress. It is sacrifice and difficult. It is not easy. It is a war to become one. It is a battle of mind, body, and spirit. Marriage is not romantic. Marriage must be learned. Do not get married if you want to do your own thing after marriage. We must be married to Jesus who is our groom. We must let go of the things in this world and be one with Jesus. We must sacrifice ourselves and try to be like Him. I must change. I must be determined. If there are things in my life that I need to change, then I must accept these things as wrong and do what I need to do to change them. If there is something that is better, then I must pursue. If Jesus is the way then I must follow. As man changes through the words of his wife, so a one must change when he hears the voice of Jesus. I must not rebel and argue but try to see the truth. Communication is seeing the truth of the matter and trying to see what is right and wrong and working to resolve the matter. Prayer is not about what I want to say but seeking what the Lord wants me to learn. It takes perseverance and determination and humility. I order to live the life of readiness I must learn to live like Christ. I must humble myself and seek the teachings in His word. I must live a life that is wise in order to go to heaven. If I live a foolish life then I will go to hell. It is up to me where I end up. I must change what is wrong and learn to adapt to the teachings. I must sacrifice, serve and be diligent. Let us live wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment