Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Understanding? Psalm 119:67, 127, 145, 175

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey Your Word.

127 Because I love Your commands more than gold, more than pure gold,...

145 I call with all my heart; answer me, LORD, and I will obey Your decrees.

175 Let me live that I may praise You, and may Your laws sustain me.


Though I have read and meditated on these words many times before, I, now, realize that I didn't have the slightest idea what David was talking about. How arrogant of me that I used to think I knew what it means! David's cry and joy and understanding from the deep of his heart after what seemingly endless hardship he had to go through! How true is it that afflictions in our lives is the key to our understanding of who we are and Who God is.
Praise the loving Lord! I will live this day following the footsetps of my Lord,Jesus, obeying The Word. Lord, strengthen me to be able to do so. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment