Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What Do You Want Me To Do For You?

July 6, 2012   God asks,"What do you want me to do for you?" What will you require of me (God) that you will live the life that I desire of you? What do you want from God? Do you want money, power, or status? Unless you learn to be content it does not matter what you receive because you will always want more and because of that you will complain. Children complain to their parents because they are never satisfied with what they have and they want more. How many of you are satisfied with your earthly parents? Until children become parents themselves, they never understand the heart of the parent. It is the parents fault when children do not learn to appreciate what they have. We did the same things growing up also. As parents, when you try to control them according to your will it always causes problems. It causes the children to want to leave the hand of their parents and do what they want. But when they get older they see that things are not what they thought. Parents cannot do what they want and think that the children will be fine or raised well. You cannot punish a child when you are emotional and then think by spitting out an apology that the child will not be scarred. When you raise children in the incorrect way, the children have doubts about the God they believe in. They compare their father to their heavenly Father and wonder if he is like Him. Of course, we all make mistakes, but there are far too many mistakes made. We know that God will not get rid of us, but when He asks us what it is we desire from Him, we have a difficult time asking for the things that we want. It is because we equate our earthly father with our Heavenly Father. I loved my earthly father. It was not because we had much, I just loved him and loved being around him. After he passed away, my faith grew because I wanted to go to heaven to see him again one day. I always ask myself if my children love me as much as I loved my parents. I do not think they do, I made many mistakes. I have taught this many times to you. God wants to know what it is that you want. I know that you heads are spinning. Some of you want money, your children to be well. God desires to give you something. That is his love. But are you ready to accept his love? His love comes with sacrifice. The more you surrender the more you receive. The more you surrender and humble yourself the more God will lift you up. We stand at the shore and put our feet into the water and think that we know the depths of God's love. How can we know unless we go deep into the ocean? We refuse to surrender and follow him. We tell him that what we want rather than to go deep into the ocean. Do you want to follow Him, or do you want to do what you want on your own terms? God will answer your request, but the responsibility lies with you. What point is it for me to come to you to keep telling you the same things over again when there is no change? Of the 7 billion people in this planet how many are truly following God? If you ask any person on the street they all say the believe in God. The end is near. Do not think that you can do what you want and God will let you slide. You are no different for anyone else. You do not get what you desire because God knows that it is not good for you. He would rather that you do not have but ask for things that will save you. You ask for the wrong things. Ask for the right things. God cares about your spirit first, so ask for those things. But you ask for the things of this world first. You forget that hell is real. I will not stop you if that is where you want to go. But if you do not want to go there, then repent and change your life. You can know the parents by knowing a child and you can know a child by knowing the parents. We must know God and Jesus. Is Jesus really the groom to you, are you really His bride? My relationship to Jesus is my own. No one can believe for me and no one else's faith can save me. What will you answer God? What do you want Him to do for you? What will you require of Him so that you will follow Him and give Him glory? The road to Him is narrow and filled with trials. Do you want to go to him. The road to Him is filled with many trials so that He can make me the person that can be with Him. He is preparing me, that is why there a trials. So that he can use me for His purpose, not my purpose. Unless we submit and be his servants we can never be his friends. Children know their parents heart but at times do what they want. Rather than asking God for something we should asking God what it is that we can do for Him.   Sermon by pastor YoungSook Lee Translated by Miguel Park http://cafe.daum.net/truelightchurch1004  

No comments:

Post a Comment