Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Do we live life professing our faith like the early church saints did?

Today you have come to worship God.
Do you know the Lord personally or do you only know about Him and have no relationship with Him?
Do you have the faith that allows you to confess Himto others?
He wills it that we are holy, but who is it that refuses?
It is you.
You are the one who refuses to be holy, but do you realize this?
Do you obey the word of God or don't you?
You are the one who does are does not.
I am the one who gets in the way of being holy.
Do you think that you will be recieved by God when that day comes?
If Christ is in me and I am in Christ, because Christ is greater than I, I must be led by HIm but am I living in this way?
Am i living only according to my plans?
In order to do the will of God I must not care about my life.
It easy to do the will of God when I do what I want and think it is His will, but to truly do the thing that God desires cannot be done, unless I care not for my life and only desire to do what He truly commands.
We are all given a purpose in this life. Whether you are ina simple job or great one, it is God's will that must come forth.
But when we are giving the simplest taks to do, we think it is below us and refuse to do it, but it is these small tasks that are the foundation of everything.
You cannot pass on the responsibility of your work to someone else. You must be disciplined with the smallest things first.
David proclaims that even though he walsk through the valley of the shadow of death, the reason is because we must go through these valleys to come out on the other side.
We must be cleaned. We must go through these trials in order to grow.
All of our sins, our pains must be brought out of us and cleaned but we refuse. We hide our sins and try to keep them from coming out.
No matter how clean you think your are, when you are in front of others your true self will be revealed.
We are called to be the light, to be the scent of Christ, but if we do not have Christ in our lives how can we do so? How can we be the light when there is no light in us?
You cannot go out and do whatever you want and think that you are doing God's work when God has nothing to do with it.
If God tells you to open your business then open it. If He tells you to close it then close it.
You think that because He tells you to open a business that now you are going to be rich, but where do you get that idea from?
Do you think that it is possible that you are to go through the trials and difficulties to learn something that God desires you to learn?
If in your life you look back to this point and realize in God's grace that your past was lived imporoperly and now you are in a better state do you not think that you are to repent of your past and continue to live better today and move forward with the determination to do even better?
Should you not ask for forgiveness of your spouse adn your children because you now see something better and the past was lived without God?
When I drive the car I can go wherever I want because I am in control, but when Christ is in control I must go where He takes me.
Christ must be the center and focus of my life.
If He is focus, then no matter where I go, then I will not stumble or fall, but it s when I try to take over that I fall.
In today's society so much emphasis is put on the proposal between two people.
If Christ died for us because of His live for us, how have you recieved that act of love and how have you committed to change your life for Him?
How many people are emotional and go to extreme to show there love for their future spouse by doing a grand proposal, but how about your emotions and how much effort have you put into Christ?
If you put too much weight on a small plane it will not take off, rather you will be in an accident. If you need to go back and forth twice it is what you should do at least you will live.
Do not live your lives thinking that you can keep pushing against the will of God.
I am asking you today, in your homes today are you living the life of Christ? In your jobs today are you living the life of Christ?
Are you really loving your family memebers and friends? If they hurt you do you still love them? If they say something that you dislike do you still accept them?
The reason I don't is because the Christ is not in me and I have no love in me.
Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever, so then how come you cannot confess this in your life?
Look at yourself.
I must have the faith that Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego had, that even though God will not save me I will never bow to another god or idol and only serve and follow the one true God.
Do you see that everything that you say and do keeps lying to yourself?
You don't reralize that you need to change.
You fail to see that you are the one who cannot see yourself for who you really are.
When you want to recieve the love of someone you must be able to offer something that the person desires. You will not recieve love by having a take me or leave me attitude.
Rather than try to match the heart of Christ, we ask Christ to give us the desires of our hearts. It is our pride. We think that Christ must serve us. We think that because we say that we follow Him that He must now give us riches, honor, and health.
What use is the things of this world if you cannot get into heaven.
When we confess Christ, we are told to submit, to forgive and sacrifice. We refuse to do these things because we think that we will lose. We think that we have some high position in life and refuse to do what He commands. We keep reusing to do what He commands like forgive, sacrifice, to submit, but while refusing to do so, we will fast and pray to get the things we want. We are selfish!
Are we believing a differnt God than the one Paul believed in?
It is the same God, so why are we trying to live a different life and not the same life that we are showed to live?
If in your marriage you are not centered on Christ then you are living a selfish life.
In today's sports teams pay an incredible amount of money in order to succeed and be champions.
Should you not invest that must time and energy in your children, your spouse, and those around you so that they can live a life in success to give God glory?
What have you done for those around you?
Do you become your dream overnight?
You do not.
You must be relentless in your efforts and put countless time inorder to achieve it.
WIthout the trials and struggles you will never grow as one who is in Christ.
I pray that you will be able to make the decision and the discipline to follow through to do what you say.

No comments:

Post a Comment