Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When does God changes His Will?

Jermiah 18 1-12
1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord : 2 "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." 3 So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

5 Then the word of the Lord came to me. 6 He said, "Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?" declares the Lord . "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. 7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.

11 "Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, 'This is what the Lord says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.' 12 But they will reply, 'It's no use. We will continue with our own plans; we will all follow the stubbornness of our evil hearts. ' "

After reading today's passage what do you think would be the topic?
When we live our lives in our relationships we have many discussions and I have realized that many people miss the point of what they are talking about.
When we sing hymns we leave out the key point about God's will and think that we are singing about God doing our will.
Do we not also pray like this and this being the reason that our prayers are not answered?
Can you pray to do your will and God answer that prayer?
There are many discussions today that God before the resurresction and after is different.
So what we are doing is we are separating God and using our knowledge to come up with a God that we want.
In a spiritual war what is the most fundamental task?
You must know the desire of your opponent so that you can prepare.
In your relationships, have you ever considered the desire of your spouse as they speak to you?
Or do you prefer to speak what you want and do not allow the person to speak?
Is this communication?
It does not matter how nicely you speak and you use words that sound nice, you must realize why this person is speaking to you the way they are. They may be setting you up to take advantage of you and so many of today's youth fall prey to this.
If someone comes and tells me that I am doing enough and I believe it what happens? I fall to pride. I start thinking that I do pray enough, I do enough work. I build myself up. Satan wins.
If we would listen to each other and learn to discuss and understand what the other person was saying then we could build relationship that will be a solid foundation to raise a family.
If my spouse tells me that I should change something that is wring so that I can give more glory to God, but I refuse and do what I want, then not only will I not live a life that others will not approve of but I will failt to live a life that gives glory to God.
Why is it that you pray?
Yes, you say to give glory to God, but you pray so that you can do what you want.
Jonah was sent to give news taht God will send destruction if Nineveh did not repent.
Did Jonah fail as a prophet?
We have many fears in life because we are more concerned about how we will look rather than preach the truth.
God says He will do what He wants. He will raise up who He desires.
God promised many things but there is one condition and that is obedience.
The moment we hear God promise us the blessing we get up and think it is done. We do not live the life of obedience that will bring us the blessing.
We do not obey and do not recieve because we fail.
God does desire to bless us and be with us and He does want to restore us, but we refuse to come to Him, to reach out to Him. We put out our hands to God but live in the ways of this world.
In a relay race, the handing off of the baton must be precise.
Is it possible that our eyes are not on the baton as God hands it to us but we are focused on something else?
We hold God responsible for failed promises but is it God who is at fault?
Do you think your stubborness will change God?
You must understand that point of God's message.
The more you read the bible the less you realize you know because every time you read it you come to know somthing different and new about God.
So how is it that you think that you know God and refuse to listen to His teachings.
Do you think that because you went to seminary that you know God?
I have been married for over 35 years.
If I put out a book about my wife and said that she is a certain way, then tomorrow as we live our lives you would know exactly how she is because I have written it out for.
God is in the bible. Everything that He says and does is there. If we refuse to accept what it says because of the thoughts in my mind and use the times and era as an excuse of why God is not relevant, is this faith?
We must look at our lives and see if we are doing everything that we are to do so that we can recieve God's blessings.
We should repent and humble ourselves before God.
We need to focus all our strength in doing all that God commands.
The spiritual war has no time or date. It happens anywhere at anytime and attacks me wherever I may be. The thoughts that attack me that arouse anger, jealously, envy, at anytime day or night it is the spiritual war. If I am not awake I will fall.
We want to hear the praises of people and not the things they tell us that we need to fix.
When we hear the things that we are doing worng we get angry.
We have lost that battle.
We worship in vain because we do not change our lives.
We are being fooled by Satan.
We think that we can pray and cry and everything is forgiven, but we are being fooled.
I am not blessed because I do not repent.
I do not change the life I live.
You are at the point where you need to change but have you thought about it.
Satan is sending out false information everywhere. He is sending out lies and preparing for an attack on you. When Satan shoots his arrows at you what will you use to protect yourself?
Even those who walk with Jesus are under attack. The disciples who were with Jesus were under attack. Everyone is tempted all the time. Even up the point of betrayal as we walk with Jesus.
It is relentless the attack taht we are under. In every place in our lives we tempted to touch, see, and feel. We must be awake so that we will not fall into the temptation.
Look at yourself and realize why you fell into temptaiotn and surrender to God and repent.
Turn your life around so that your life can be turned into a blessing.
The moment you think that you have overcome temptation do not rest but keep your guard for you will be tested with even greater temptation because Satan will not rest.
Think about the meaning and have the wisdom to understand what is being said to you so that you can be victorious in the spiritual battle and then you will recieve the blessing that God has promised you when you obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment