Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Who is the God I belive in?

Pastor Park, Howard K.J.

All those worship songs and praise songs surrounding us!
Isn't it a time to evaluate whether lyrics of some songs really coincide with profession of my faith?
The lyric of Hymn "Am I a Soldier of the Cross" says that we are the soldiers following Jesus who is the Great Captain leading us, and this is our purpose. There is a praise song tells us that the Lord is the One staying behind and hepling us. It says; Jeus is the Lord who watches me when I am walking in peace, and comes to me with helping hands and warm comfort when I am in distress, who is still there behind me when I look back with a doubt. Could this be true of Jesus, the Lord?
Who is the Lord follwing me staying behind providing the strength according to my need? Who, then, is the Lord, Great Captain, leading me, a soldier who is determined to fight with Him? Am I a believer as a soldier following the Captain? Am I a believer walking my way knowing the Lord would always be there for me when I am in need?
Do I really trust and serve the Lord staying behind and following me?
Is the Lord a servant of mine following me with the power to fulfill my needs? What is He following behind me in His hands? Almighty God who knows I am weak to make mistakes and provides all that I need at the right time and right places. If that is true about the Lord, why do we need to pray? Why do we need to seek Him and cry out to God in the midst of hardships? If Jesus is behind me, how far would He stay behind? When my hardship last long, what could it be that keeping Him from recognizing my needs and sending th help I need? Could it be that I am taking too long looking back, or I didn't see Him clearly? Is this really the Lord I believe in?

What if Jesus is the Captain who is ahead of me and I am a soldier following?
When the Lord is ahead of me He is in charge leading the battle to victory, and I am a following soldier. And I can enjoy the victory with Him. In reality, However, there are times I do not follow Him and act as my own captain. That causes a defect in my defense and lead me to loose the battle. If I only follow my captain, Jesus, there will always be victory.
This victory does not mean something greatly recognizable to the world, but means spiritual victory at the moment of temptation coming from Satan when I work against it with God's Words not with my own experiences or knowledge. The victory may not be visible to anyone else, could be of my inner struggle. My battlefield could be a word I say, a small thought I bear....
When I lay down all these little details of myself before the Lord, He touches me in details leading me to victory. Would it be that we should be trained in such small battles in following the Great Captain so that we can be great soldiers for greater battle when the Captain leads us to it?

Is may faith in the Lord who follows me behind my back protecting me like a servant? Is my faith in the Lord who is ahead of me as a Captain leading me to victory?
I personally have faith in the Lord, Jesus who says to me through The Words, "Follow Me".

Do I profess my faith in the Lord who is behind me?
Do I profess myself to be a soldier of Cross?
Who is the Lord I believe in?

No comments:

Post a Comment