Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Possession

Psalms 119:56-64


In today's passage in verse 56 This has been my practice: I obey your precepts.
Do we live our lives like this?
What is a precept?
It is something that has become my own.
You think that your spouse is yours, that is why you try to control the other and try to make them into someone that pleases you.
It is your selfishness.
Rather than being humble and being grateful that someone loves you, you think that you deserve more. Is this not the cause of strife among you?
We claim so many things that are "mine."
My business, my family, my talents, my children, my work, my position, my status.
We think that everything is ours, so when we come out before God, we come before Him telling Him all the things we have and try to offer to God. Is this right?
What does the bible say about what we are to confess?
What are the things that fill your heart?
But more than what we say, God desires that pour out our hearts to Him.
Jesus told the Pharisees that it is not what goes into a man that makes one unclean but it is what comes out of him.
So what comes out of you?
Is it pride, selfishness and discontent?
Then the worship you offer will not be accepted by God.
He will not accept the worship of one who tries to manipulate God for His own use.
Because you put your feelings into your worship to make yourself feel good has no bearing does not make God accept your worship when you are doing it in vain.
When you refuse to let the word of God penetrate your soul and bring you to repentance, but rather change the meaning of God's word to suit your comfort, how can you think that God will bless you?
61 Though the wicked bind me with ropes, I will not forget your law.
Do you have this attitude?
Do you desire to use the word of God to help you with the difficulties in life?
How can you do so when you use yourselfish desires to do everything and leave God out of it?
Because you think that it is your life, your children and everything is yours, so you want to do things the way you want and have no desire to do things the way God desires that you do so.
God desires a new heart one that changes and brings us to worship Him in a new way everyday. But that means I must be changed in His spirit and I must rid myself of my selfish desires. I am to be a new creation in Christ and to live a life without fear.
Do not live a life trying to please man. You will not fool anyone and no one will think that you are godly.
Live your life truly before God knowing that He is watching you.
It does not matter that you think that you are godly and others may think that you are, you must live the life that will not compromise against the will and word of God. If this brings persecution then it must be so.
I must open my heart and really look at myself and see how I really am.
There is nothing wrong with making money as long as you are making ti to use for the glory of God, but if you desire to make money for your selfifhness then it is wrong.
Is your business really for the glory of God, or do you do it for yourself?
Because you tithe you say you do it for Him, but you only tithe to feel less guilt, but why do you truly do business?
Do we believe a different God from those of the the early church?
How is it they they could joyfully walk to their death watching the one before them get burned at the stake or fed to the lions?
Is God any different today?
To follow Jesus is not easy.
I must die.
Do you think that after saying one prayer that all those years of your thoughts and slefish desires will suddenly disapper? It will not.
You must work without ceasing and constantly be weeding out those things that will prevent you from you desire of God.
You will have to work hard and sacrifice much in order to do the things that God desires.
Do you love? Do you forgive?
You do not because those weeds are still inside you and you have not uprooted them completely.
As parents you must first pave the way for change by you changing first. Then you must pray for the change of your children. You cannot think that with your knowledge only you can set you child on a straight path for you cannot do it yourself. Pray that God will show you the way and help your child see the truth and be able to overcome the world.
If I do not live the life that God desires then there is no power in God's word.
Instead of changing my life to obey the word of God, I live my life and use God as my servant.
You must decide how to live the life that truly pleases God and get on your knees and ask God to help you to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment